Search

Painting Accent Walls for a Quick Makeover|EDesign




If you want to add a little spark or drama, but don't have a lot of time, and it has to be done over the weekend, and you want a quick makeover, you might consider painting an accent wall or two.
Painting a accent wall a different shade will be add eye candy to a space that can really use some interest. I think it really depends on the layout of the room and how big the room is to determine if two colors can really blend well with your furniture and accessories in that space. Whatever makes you happy in color, I simply say do it!! Well, I take that back. You really have to be careful on your choices of color. In this example, I had to scale the room and find which wall would be the best fit for the paint. 

Looking into this room, I visually saw that under the stairs would be perfect for the Sherwin Williams color Honorable Blue 6811, due to me picking out my painting first. I had to bring that bold blue out of the artwork to the middle of the design, but didn't want it in the furniture or accessories. This color I knew would definitely bring great lighting to this corner, and wouldn't be too bad on the eyes when looking in from the window behind. I chose Bohemian Black 6988 for the hallway for a dramatic entry to the bathroom. The hallway and bedroom has chandeliers to illuminate the area's beautifully.
Creating a focal wall for any space is fun and will change the depth and overall look of your room instantly.

Thanks for reading everyone !!!

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment