Search

#DIY|Accent Gem Glam Gold Mirror





Hi everyone, hope all is well. Been some time away from the blog as you can see, but needed some time to spend with my sons, taking them to the necessary Dr. appointments etc and just being there for them all the way around. This past weekend,  I decided to do a few diy projects to enhance some areas of my home, and to do it the easiest, quickest and most affordable way. I had a gold mirror that I had for some time and it definitely needed a change. What I did first was strip the old mirror as it had some gold paper wrapped around plastic that gave it a design which was really played out. :D


I stripped the mirror with good old Windex and used a little knife to get the remaining glue off the mirror.
The whole idea that I had for this mirror was to add some type of jewels to the mirror and give it a glam look. I love me some glam. Modern Glamour is my favorite design style as most people know.

The items I used :

1. Accent Gems from the dollar tree- I used 7 packs of them for this mirror as it was a pretty large size.
2. Glue Gun
3. Glue sticks- 30 pack
4. An old Gold Mirror I had for a few years

I used a the clear gems in thinking that the gold would shine through the clear gems, which would bring more light into the space. I turned on the lights and YES, I was right. Loved the shimmer of lights for sure.

Here are the photo's that show a little bit of  my process and end result. I actually love it and yes... I saved a great amount of money.Didn't have to go out looking for a new mirror to put over my fireplace that would be overly priced. I hope you like the mirror. Leave your comments and tell me what you think. xx Next... is reupholstering my dining room chairs!!!






Leave a Comment

Post a Comment